Tips to make your next move quick and easy!
Moving house is a combination of very tedious work and very stressful moments.
Sometimes it can seem as though you will never get all of your furniture out of your old home and into the new one in one piece.
The days drag on and are full of paperwork and packing, but if you are fully prepared then you can make light work of the task, make house removals to the Gold Coast less time-consuming, and spend your time more productively.
Start out with a list
You will have to make a list for everything that goes on during your move, and the more lists you make the more likely it is that everything will get done on time.
Oversights are extremely common when packing or moving, so lists are essential.
Start out with a list from the very beginning, and include important details such as:
- Essential supplies – packing boxes and tape, labels and marker pens
- Items to be discarded – belongings that aren’t coming to the new home, either destined for
the garbage or charity shops
- Items to be stored – sending some of your goods ahead of you? You need a list to make sure
that you send it all at once so that you avoid extra costs
- Items that can be packed immediately – belongings that you don’t use very often but don’t
want to store can be included on this list
- Last minute items – possessions that you use every day
- Removing parts – before packing, you need a list that includes removing drawer handles and
feet from cabinets and seats
Be smart about packing
You might not know how to pack correctly, and poorly fitting your items into boxes might be the worst thing that you can do.
If you don’t do it efficiently, it could take longer for your removal team to take things away. If you overload boxes, for example, everything will have to be unpacked before
it can be loaded into the van.
You will have to make sure that your house removals team on the Gold Coast can get to and from your home safely, both in your current property and at the new residence.
Taking the time to clear front paths can make the van loading much smoother, and will help to prevent accidents that could damage your possessions.
Concerned about your next move? Contact us on (07) 5593 7460 and we’ll provide you with all the advice you’ll need to make your next move hassle free.